A partial denture is a type of denture that replaces multiple missing teeth but not an entire arch of teeth. A partial denture has several teeth and sometimes a metal plate or framework. A metal framework is made of high-grade metal and is used to strengthen the denture base. The denture base is made from acrylic resin. At Gulf Coast Dental, this dental appliance is removable and is held in place with clasps that attach to the remaining teeth.
The Procedure for Partial Denture
If you have missing teeth, your dentist may recommend partial dentures. A partial denture is an appliance that replaces one or more missing teeth. A partial denture is custom-made to fit comfortably in your mouth.
Your dentist will take impressions of your teeth so that a dental lab can fabricate your denture. Your dentist in Pensacola, FL will also discuss the best type of partial denture to replace your missing teeth.
What Are Partial Dentures Made Of?
Partial dentures are made out of a metal and acrylic combination. They have clasps that adhere to your remaining natural teeth. Partial dentures replace missing teeth while also staying in place.
Partial dentures often replace one or more teeth in a row, but they can be designed to only replace a few teeth. They are non-removable and don’t have to be taken out for cleaning.
Why Might I Need a Partial Denture?
A partial denture may be recommended for patients missing many or all of their teeth. Partial dentures are designed to fill the gaps where teeth are missing and can help patients chew and speak normally.
There are two kinds of partial dentures:
- Ceramic – Partial dentures made from a ceramic material help give patients a natural appearance. These dentures can be tinted to match a patient’s smile.
- Metal – Partial dentures made from a metal frame and acrylic base can be less expensive and are usually used if a patient misses most of their teeth.
The Benefits of Partial Dentures
Partial dentures provide several benefits, including:
- The ability of a patient to speak and eat normally.
- Partial dentures fill in gaps where natural teeth are missing.
- Preservation of a patient’s jawbone.
- The reduction of jawbone deterioration.
- The prevention of shifting and shifting of remaining teeth.
- The improvement of a patient’s facial shape.
- The protection of a patient’s remaining teeth.
- The modification or maintenance of a patient’s appearance.
- The restoration of a patient’s self-confidence.
Partial dentures are a good solution for patients who are missing some teeth on the upper or lower jaw. Gulf Coast Dental is located at 1751 W 9 Mile Rd. Pensacola, FL 32534, contact (850) 495-6899 to learn more about the benefits of partial dentures.